Can I drive on a foreign licence?

In order to drive a car on the Polish territory it is necessary to possess a valid driving licence. Documents issued in the EU countries are treated in the same way as those issued in Poland and the driver has no obligation to replace them (this also applies to the international driving licence). When the documents have been issued in the US, however, the driver is obliged to take a theoretical examination.